About our responsibility:
At PetroNor we work closely alongside our local partners to improve the lives of the communities we operate in.
The Company makes every effort to maintain the highest standards of Business Ethics and to commit to all aspects of PetroNor’s Environmental Policy.
Health & Safety Policy:
As an operator of offshore concessions, it is the duty of PetroNor to provide a safe working environment and minimize any adverse impact on the environment.
HSE is embedded throughout all of PetroNor’s core operations. In this regard we strive for continuous improvement as lessons learned from past operations are incorporated into business practices going forward.
HSE is not an isolated policy; it is a key component of sustainability objectives.
In the conduct of all its activities, the Company endeavors to comply with the highest international and local HSE standards. The health, safety and welfare of all personnel involved and of the general public is the highest priority.
To achieve this, the Company employs the following procedures:
- HSE is a top priority of management
- Develop a culture of Health and Safety observance throughout the Company and ensure that all employees and those involved in the Company’s activities understand and share their responsibilities
- Regularly review and audit all activities to ensure that Health and Safety procedures are appropriate and complied with and any shortfalls or non-compliance are swiftly rectified
- Ensure management system is focused to identify, assess and mitigate risk to Health and Safety in all activities, with the objective of eliminating the potential for injury to personnel and damage to assets
- Ensure contractors to the Company have an established safety management system and a record of health protection and prevention of accidents. Make Health and Safety records available to the appropriate authorities or the public where required
As an operator of offshore concessions, it is the duty of the Company to provide a safe working environment and minimize any adverse impact on the environment.
The Company’s environmental policy provides a framework for decision making and project implementation. In that regard, we strive to conduct all operations in an environmentally responsible manner.
The Company ensures that all employees and contractors are fully aware of our Environmental Protection Policy and the management’s commitment thereto. The Company encourages personnel to pro-actively report any perceived potential shortfalls or failures.
The Company carries out Environmental Social Impact Assessments (ESIA) prior to all major activities and communicates the results to all government agencies and other relevant stakeholders. The Company will ensure that environmental management plans are in place and their implementation is regularly monitored.
The Company will continually review and update procedures to ensure they are valid and appropriate. PetroNor has contingency plans in place to swiftly mitigate any potential damage to the environment.
Our operations do not occur in isolation; they have a tangible impact on communities. As such, we are committed to carrying out our operations with high moral and legal standards.
We hold our employees and contractors to high standards of business ethics and endeavour to approach all stakeholders with integrity and fair dealing in all actions.
PetroNor, its management, employees, agents, and associates have the responsibility of applying the highest standard of ethical business practices in all their relationships with customers, suppliers, shareholders, fellow employees, and the general public. To achieve this, the Company will conduct all its business activities in compliance with the United Kingdom Bribery Act 2011 in particular, the Corporate Code of Conduct, and the Company’s Anti-bribery Policy Statement.
- Business will be conducted fairly and courteously and take account of local custom and practice where appropriate.
- Conduct its business in accordance with its Health and Safety and Environmental Protection Policies.
- Ensure that its activities have a positive impact on consumers, employees, communities, stakeholders and all other members of the public. Regularly audit the conduct of business activities to ensure this policy is strictly adhered to.